• We know that tax information can be hard to understand in any language. It can be even harder if that information isn’t offered in the language you know best. We’re translating our tax resources into more languages. Until we do, we’re offering basic tax information in these twenty languages.
IRS expands tax help into more languages; Form 1040 offered in Spanish and more services, information available in multiple languages
• As part of a larger effort to reach underserved communities, the IRS taking a number of aggressive steps to expand information and assistance available to taxpayers in additional languages, including providing the Form 1040 in Spanish for the first time.
• The 2020 Form 1040 will also give taxpayers the opportunity to indicate whether they wish to be contacted in a language other than English. This is a new feature available for the first time this coming filing season.
• The 2020 version of Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax, will be available early next year in seven languages – English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian, Korean and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional).
IRS expands multilingual resources and services
• Taxpayers can access interpreters in more than 350 languages when interacting face-to-face or over the phone with IRS employees.